So, to make a start.
- decide the name of your station – very important, is it a personal station or a community station? The name sticks
- How do your listeners hear your station? – Please make this as easy as you can, if the listener needs to click this and that then its no use and they will leave.
- Stream Provider – are you just playing music? or will you have presenters? will they be LIVE? do you want full control of them? some stream providers don’t give you full control. I will explain later.
- Website – Plenty of ways you can do a website, make sure that they can handle coding for you player, and a layout and design you happy with.
- Licence – If your playing copyrighed music then you need a licence in the UK, even if you only play to a few people you STILL need a licence. if you are a talk station then you don’t need one.